Search This Blog

Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Product Review: Staniac Lip & Cheek Stain

I am not a fan of "stains." I have had horrible luck with them staining where I don't want them to, fading, being way too dark, not spreading and looking splotchy - any drama you can think of, I've experienced it. I obtained a sample of theBalm cosmetics Staniac lip and cheek stain in the color "Beauty Queen" and have little negative to say about it!

The other stains I have sampled (mostly Benefit, to be honest, but a few drugstore brands as well) have been runny and dry too quickly for me to spread the pigment where I want. The Staniac product, however, is more of a gel texture and takes a bit longer to dry, allowing more time for even dispersion. I was very happy with the wand applicator particularly because I primarily used this product on my lips. 

I did try it on my cheeks, but it was a bit bright for my taste. The "Beauty Queen" color is a bright magenta pink. I would like to try this product in "Prom Queen" which is a lighter pink and might suit my needs for an every-day stain better than the deeper shade. 

In addition to the workability of this product, it did not leave my lips or skin feeling dried out and while it did fade throughout the day (no product lasts forever!), it faded evenly. I did not have any weird lines around my mouth where some pigment was still hanging on while the middle of my lip was completely bare. I say if a product is going to wear off, it should wear off evenly! 

Finally, unlike other stains I have tried which completely take over and come through any other product I would layer on top (gloss, powder, etc.) the Staniac lip and cheek stain blended very nicely with bronzer, powder, lipstick and lipgloss which gave me much more control over my exact color and coverage. This product costs $17 for .3fl oz and can be purchased at theBalm.com, Nordstrom, Amazon, or through Birchbox

Overall Grade: A-


No comments:

Post a Comment