Search This Blog

Thursday, July 26, 2012

MIA

[the Alpha Gamma Delta badge & pearls]

I feel I should write a quick post about why I have been MIA for so long: I attended a Convention for my sorority, Alpha Gamma Delta, in St. Louis recently. In the days preceding my departure for St. Louis, I was packing bags, buying last minute forgotten items and working. While at the Convention, nearly every hour of my day was planned out for me and I did not even bring my computer with me! Whew! I returned on the evening of July 22nd after about a 10 hour car ride home.

The Convention was outstanding: I got to meet many sisters whom I have only heard over the phone or Skype or emailed back and forth with. They are real people, not just some anonymous person behind a screen somewhere! It also reaffirmed my love for Alpha Gam, our ritual, our sisterhood, our Purpose. For those of who are not Greek and are college-age, I highly encourage at least going through formal recruitment on your campus to see what it's about. I have gotten so many opportunities academically, socially, professionally and personally by being a member of a Greek organization.

Now that I'm off my soapbox about Greek Life, I will say this: I have been working on a new book to review! I was a GoodReads.com First Reads winner and obtained a copy of two pre-print or very newly released books. I'm not going to share the "identity" of the book I am reading right now - I want to reserve my comments until I finish just in case I change my mind. But I will say this: it's a challenge! I am looking forward to finishing it this weekend so I can share with you!

Until then, hang tight! I'm still here - and I'll be back to my usual activity soon!!

No comments:

Post a Comment