Search This Blog

Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Product Review: Kiehl's Abyssine Cream


I am really excited to share a product discovery I recently made. If you’ve been following me, you know I have been searching for (and finally found!) my perfect tinted moisturizer. Next up on my To-Do list was to find a regular, untinted, high quality and naturally based skin cream. If I shower in the evening and I’m not going out, I don’t like to put my tinted moisturizer on. I don’t need it staining my pillowcases and, while the one I use, (Jouer Luminizing Moisture Tint) is mineral based, I still don’t want to put more on just to go to bed. 
This cream by Kiehl’s, however, is perfect. The way it works is with abyssine: a molecule derived from algae that was discovered in the Galapagos, very deep in the ocean near hypothermal ocean vents. Abyssine has a unique self-protectant ability that also helps other organisms to survive in harsh environments. 
It helps your skin by reducing fine lines and wrinkles, fighting free-radicals to help delay future damage and the aging process. I am nearly 25 years old and while I don’t have any deeply set wrinkles or spots yet, it’s something that I think about. Particularly in the summer when the sun is so strong and damaging. You all know I can’t stand a super heavy cream that sits on top of my skin and that I am prone to breakouts and irritation. This product did not cause any skin problems and it soaked in nearly right away. However, it seemed to “stick around” (ie, did not leave me feeling parched 10 minutes later) but under the skin. It did not seem to have a noticeably strong fragrance, just a light, neutral scent.
I really can’t think of anything bad to say about this cream. I love a good bargain, but I won’t compromise when it comes to things I rub into my skin. Kiehl’s Abyssine Cream costs $48 for a 1.69oz pot and I think it’s worth every penny. 
Overall Rating: A+
Where to Buy: www.kiehls.com

No comments:

Post a Comment